Thursday, April 30, 2009

Friendship Quotes About Sisterhood

Enjoy our collection of friendship quotes about sisterhood. These sayings and quotes about sisters and sisterhood are ones to remind us just how special sisters truly are

"Chance made us Sisters, choice made us friends."
"The ties that bind me to my Brothers are not wrapped around my wrists, but rather are fastened to my heart."
"There is no chance or choice when pledging, only strength and survival. Let your Sisters give you the strength to survive."
"Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"Don't walk in front of me and be my leader, don't walk behind me and be my follower, but walk beside me and be my Brother."
"You can take the Brothers our of the Fraternity, but you can't take the Brotherhood out of the Brothers."
"You should never look down on a Brother except to pick him up."
"You wouldn't haze your friends. Why would you haze your Brothers? The goal of pledgeship is to be a members of a house; to make you want to be a Brother, Where does hazing fit in? Quite simply, it doesn't. Why abuse someone for three months in the name of becoming their best friends? A Fraternity is not about building pledges. It's about building Brothers."
"Brotherhood is not letting petty differences get in the way of anything. It is about being true to yourself. It is about experiencing new adventures by entering the realm of others."
"Sisterhood is many things. It's a warn smile on a cold and rainy day, a friendly hug, a cheerful hello... It's all that a good and lasting friendship is, only better. It's treasured. It's sacred. It's knowing that there will always be someone there for you. It's dreams shared, and goals achieved. It's counting on others and being counted on. It is real."
"Brotherhood is not a destination, but a journey."
"A sister knows all about you, but loves you anyway."
"Men's best friends last you only 20 years, but men's best brothers will last you for the rest of your life."
"Friends change. Lovers leave. Sisters are eternal."
"Pain is passing... Brotherhood is everlasting!"
"When men fail, Sisters prevail!"

* When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us? ~Pam Brown

* Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there. ~Amy Li

* Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister. ~Alice Walker

* The best thing about having a sister is that I always have a friend. ~Cali Rae Turner

* Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood. ~Louisa May Alcott

* In thee my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend. ~Catherine Killigrew

* A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. ~Toni Morrison

* What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it? ~Jenny DeVries

* A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories - for she knows where the decoration has been added. ~Chris Montaigne

* How do people make it through life without a sister? ~Sara Corpenin

* There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. ~Mary Montagu

* Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other. ~Carol Saline

* Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow. ~Benjamin Disraeli

* A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~Isadora James

* A big sister is a friend and defender - a listener, conspirator, a counselor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too. ~Pam Brown

* Sisterhood is powerful. ~Robin Morgan

* “My sisters have taught me how to live.” George Wasserstein

* “Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears.” Author Unknown

* “Chance made us Sisters, hearts made us friends.” Unknown

* “Sisters touch your heart in ways no other could. Sisters share… their hopes, their fears, their love, everything they have. Real friendship springs from their special bonds.” Carrie Bagwell

* “There’s a special kind of freedom sisters enjoy.

* Freedom to share innermost thoughts, to ask a favor, to show their true feelings. The freedom to simply be themselves.” Anonymous

* “We are sisters. We will always be sisters. Our differences may never go away, but neither, for me, will our song.” Elizabeth Fishel

* “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a friend or a confident — it is to have a soulmate for life.” Victoria Secunda

* “Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other.” Author Unknown

* “My sisters have taught me how to live.” ~ George Wasserstein

* “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” — Isadora James

* “To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.”

* “For there is no friend like a sister

* In calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To lift one if one totters down.”

* “Friendship lasts forever when sisters come together”

* “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” — Isadora James

* “You should never look down upon a sister except to pick her up.” ~ Unknown

* “My sister is the first person I call with good news, so we can celebrate together…no matter what I’m feeling, her response is the one I want to hear before anyone else’s. She is my sounding board, my confidante, my keeper of secrets–and my best friend.” ~ Kathleen O’Keefe

* “They’re the people you can share your secrets with, cry with, laugh with, and just be yourself with. They don’t judge you or make you change. They accept you exactly as you are. They look at you and they see a great person, one they love spending time with. You all share something in common and are tied together by memories, tears, laughs & smiles. You’re tied together by love for the other. Sisterhood is the greatest thing in the world. I find my time with my sisters the best times of my life. My sisters are my heart, my soul, my fun, my laughter, my tears, my love and my life” ~ Unknown

2 comments:

  1. On Monday morning, October 23, 2000. I received an email from a friend.

    It was those adorable baby pictures by the photographer - Anne Geddes.

    I had needed and had been greatly supported in every way by my friends and my family doing that period of my life.

    I was extremely grateful and thankful that morning... so in honor of my love for my special friends who had stood by me, I wrote:

    "I Believe Friends are Quiet Angels who lift us to our Feet when our Wings have Trouble Remembering how to Fly."

    And signed the quote Lorraine K Mitchell with the date and sent the emails to the three of them.

    Within the the next few days every email I received from any and everyone had my quote attached to it, which shocked me to the utmost.

    One of my friends said that I should be honored that so many found my words so beautiful and encouraging. I wept and grieved.

    (I recognized the strength and value of the words God had given me that morning. And I felt as though I had lost my child to the world. My heart weeps for my quote daily because the world refers to me as unknown. But I am here. I am alive. And I desire for my words to know their mother. I am an artist.)

    But, the very next year was nine-eleven... and my quote took on a new life of its own. It was posted everywhere, even in a half page article in the New York Times accompanying a beautiful picture of a fireman with a nine-eleven victim. The image of an Angel stood just above them. The photographer received credit, but I was listed as anonymous.

    I've been told over the years that I have the gift of the written word, although I couldn't believe it. I shied away from the compliments.

    On the other hand my child, my quote has confirmed the power of my gift over and over for the last 16 years.

    But lately I've been troubled.

    My child, my quote is being sold all over the internet in various forms, on small rocks, sliver jewelry, plagues, wall hangings, and on ugly t-shirts.

    I've found organizations in and outside of the United States that are also using the quote. Associations, fund raisers, school teachers, bloggers have used the quote for their website titles, and two women have claimed the quote as their own. A song writing team has written a wedding song.

    I've found My quote to be listed as the number one used quote on one website and as number 15 on another as the most requested and used.

    And my quote has been used in the introductions and acknowledgements of over 26 books/text written since 2002.

    Although, there is an author that I found that readily admitted the quote was forwarded to him in an email by his friend and he gave praise to the strength of the quote by the anonymous author.

    But, at least he acknowledged what he knew of my quote's lineage.

    This Friday, I wept uncontrollably seeing it yet again flashed in my face. Now, I am claiming my child, my quote and bringing her home.

    My name is Lorraine K. Mitchell.
    I am African American.
    I am an author.

    I am the author/owner and have the legal copyrights of the quote(s) written on Monday morning, October 23, 2000.

    No versions of this quote(s) may be used without the legal and written consent of this author.

    "Versions 1 and 2"

    "I Believe Friends are Quiet Angels who lift us to our Feet when our Wings have Trouble Remembering how to Fly."

    "I Believe Friends are Quiet Angels who lift us up when Our Wings have Forgotten how to Fly."

    Peace be with you all.

    Please post my name as the author of origin.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete